[英 [ˌentəˈteɪn] 美 [ˌentərˈteɪn] ]
过去式：entertained; 过去分词：entertained; 现在分词：entertaining;entertain 基本解释
及物动词考虑; 热情款待; 使有兴趣; 抱着，怀有
1. A teacher should entertain as well as teach.
2. We were all entertained by his humorous stories.
3. They often entertained their friends at weekends.
4. I have never entertained any illusions about him.
1. The Smiths entertain a great deal.
1. 招待：美方要招待(entertain)马英九并不是为了陈水扁. 毕竟,马英九身兼台北市长和国民党主席,两者都是很重要的职位. 加上他是2008年总统宝座的热门人选,显示他本身是位极具影响力的政治人物. "由于马英九并不是(台湾)政府官员,
2. 款待：死了的他,角色改变;为了款待 (entertain) 同样至为考究(most exclusive)的蛆虫,他如今中规中矩(correct)躺在棺木内-这些蛆虫似乎「肉不正,不食」呢?正是以其治人之道,还治其身.
3. 招待;娱乐：enrich 丰富 | entertain 招待;娱乐 | evaluate 评价entertain 双语例句
1. Education and reference software is used to educate and entertain.
2. When the ground was partially bare of snow, and a few warm days had dried its surface somewhat, it was pleasant to compare the first tender signs of the infant year just peeping forth with the stately beauty of the withered vegetation which had withstood the winter —— life-everlasting, goldenrods, pinweeds, and graceful wild grasses, more obvious and interesting frequently than in summer even, as if their beauty was not ripe till then; even cotton-grass, cat-tails, mulleins, johnswort, hard-hack, meadow-sweet, and other strong-stemmed plants, those unexhausted granaries which entertain the earliest birds —— decent weeds, at least, which widowed Nature wears.
3. Located at Qinfen Road No.12 and with the beautiful surroundings, converient transportation and complete facility, the Hotel is the best place for you to hold commercial meetings, travel and apend bolidays and entertain leisurely and freely.
4. Just for fun, guests can turn the table and entertain the parents with their predictions for certain Baby features to be Mom's or Dad's.
5. We are not in a position to entertain business at your price, since it is far below our cost.
6. You must not entertain such a notion and say that the nature of the Tathagata perishes. O Kasyapa!
7. It is not the performances of a clown who attempts to entertain others, nor is it simply making fun of others.
8. The evidence you provided is inadequate, so we can`t entertain your complaint.
9. In the process of writing, he came up with a unique way to entertain/of entertaining himself.
10. Entering this kind of win particularly, just start and then did not entertain to have another to the oneself to hope greatly, lead a period of time, the form master tells us our class is our school is unique and can attend high test of class after, I think and can't let again my parents disappoint, ascend medium is my own choice particularly, they all do not agree of, is I kept too.
11. The media that are used to tell a story, or the story itself, can be educable, entertain-able and enlighten-able, for the audience.
12. With more than ten years` work experience in star-level hotels, including three year` work as the vice general manager, I have had a good command of the management of respective departments of a hotel, particularly in Chinese and western restaurant of the catering department, operation of sauna, KTV, show café, opera theatre in entertain department, sales promotion, and the administration of personnel and the kitchen.
13. Should you entertain my application favorably, I would spare no trouble to acquit myself to your satisfaction.
14. An entrepreneur, who has to reach a practical decision as to his scale of production, does not, of course, entertain a single undoubting expectation of what the sale-proceeds of a given output will be, but several hypothetical expectations held with varying degrees of probability and definiteness.
15. You can turn it into an elegant place to entertain your guests by installing a brick barbecue or a fire pit in the center, surrounding it with torches or lamps, which will give it quite a splendid effect at night.
16. In order to make them entertain people, deliver happiness to people, we also trained them to turn around, creep, fell down, jump circle, negotiate and so on, trained them to complete all international celerity and impediment courses.
17. On the related question of divorce decrees obtained outside Hong Kong, where our courts do not currently have jurisdiction to entertain applications for financial relief, we will propose a bill to amend the Matrimonial Proceedings and Property Ordinance (Chapter 192) later this year, so that the court would in certain circumstances be empowered to deal with such applications.
18. Fang Xian-life husband often cooks grilled for their own food, or entertain guests.
19. He listened to her with perfect indifference while she chose to entertain herself in this manner.
20. He listened to her with perfect indifference while she chose to entertain herself in this manner, and as his composure convinced her that all was safe, her wit flowed long.
If a performer, performance, or activity entertains you, it amuses you, interests you, or gives you pleasure.
e.g. ...games and ideas to entertain children...
e.g. They were entertained by top singers, dancers and celebrities...
To generate new money the sport needs to be more entertaining...
This is a surprisingly entertaining film...
Miro is the most inventive and entertaining of surrealist painters.
If you entertain people, you provide food and drink for them, for example when you have invited them to your house.
e.g. I don't like to entertain guests anymore...
e.g. You weren't allowed to entertain men in your rooms even with a chaperone...
...a cosy area for entertaining and relaxing.
If you entertain an idea or suggestion, you allow yourself to consider it as possible or as worth thinking about seriously.
e.g. I feel how foolish I am to entertain doubts...
e.g. I wouldn't entertain the idea of such an unsociable job.
1. Tianjin expats are a busy lot in one of China's largest cities and hold a variety of events to entertain themselves.
2. A parade squad made up of 300 people dressing in cartoon costume also showed up on the street to entertain the crowd.
3. But Wenger is adamant his players have a responsibility to both entertain and provide the winning football all fans desire.
4. I called for a jester to entertain me and waited by the window, barely managing to contain my childish glee.
5. The comedy legend and'Monty Python'star will entertain audiences up and down Britain next year with his unique comedic perspective.
6. Cosy bars, crowded discos and busy snack stalls entertain locals and tourists in a casual style.
7. Dressed in ragged clothes, he moved his body crazily and made funny faces to entertain the audience.
8. It serves an upscale crowd of business people who want a posh but not garish place to hobnob and entertain.
9. It's cruel but few things entertain like watching a novice who has just chomped on a Sichuan pepper corn.
10. Besides the live acts, customers can also entertain themselves by playing table soccer or darts.entertain 英英释义
1. take into consideration, have in view
e.g. He entertained the notion of moving to South America
Synonym: think oftoy withflirt withthink about
2. maintain (a theory, thoughts, or feelings)
e.g. bear a grudge
entertain interesting notions
harbor a resentment
3. provide entertainment for