[英 [ˈmɒnjumənt] 美 [ˈmɑ:njumənt] ]
名词纪念碑; 丰碑; 遗迹; 遗址
1. Shakespeare's plays remain as monuments to his genius.
2. His actions are a monument to foolishness.
3. This pillar is a monument to all those who died in the civil war.
4. The ruins of the castle are an ancient monument, which the government pays money to preserve.
5. The work is one of the great monuments of English literature.
2. 纪念碑,纪念馆：monitor 监视,检测器,班长, | monument 纪念碑,纪念馆 | mood 心境,语气monument 双语例句
1. This is the first national monument established by the US government in 1906. It is a large mass of igneous rock which is intruded through sedimentary rock beds but does not actually reach the surface, producing a rounded bulge in the sedimentary layers above.
2. Today, the monument is a museum serving both Christians and Muslims.
3. There is a monument on the sqare.
4. And thou in this shalt find thy monument, When tyrants'crests and tombs of brass are spent.
5. It will seem rather a monument of artificiality.
6. Approach no matter the annular monument of the of great momentum, still stop pines and cypresses of verdant green sets off one another by the Red Army grave in, esteem, dignified and all around solemn and respectful blend together, talk loudly without the person, also be here without the person the pose as of state of mind with travel sight-seer.
7. And as one of the world`s largest engineering projects, it would, of course, be a long-lasting monument to whichever politician approved it.
8. There are six well-known Museum (County Museum, Museum of General Yang Hucheng, Ong Teng Memorial, Lin Hall, not to screen the library, being Miriam Lee Memorial five hills (Bridge, King, light, the constitution, Hui Ling), four-tower (North and South Twin Towers, the twin-generation), three villages (Ping Lu Temple Spa Resort, the village in Shanxi Province in the Ming Dynasty castle, the castle in the Qing Dynasty pottery mare), two Monument (Monument, General Hui-Yun, Gao Lishi Shinto monument), a hospital examination in Qing Dynasty House
9. The emperor declared this to be the correct grave, and ordered a large monument erected.
10. Its most famous building was the monument that the satrap built for himself, which has become known as the Mausoleum.
11. Where they are from the People's Heroes Monument walked through Tiananmen Square flag-raising units, in the middle of a tie flag next to the two escorting.
12. IF YOU require a monument to the late congressman John Murtha, just look around Johnstown in western Pennsylvania.
13. Time and weather have long ago efface the inscription on the monument.
14. Time and weather had long ago efface d the inscription on the monument.
15. Still, the treasured monument survived and again serves Rome-as a traffic circle.
16. What you can see today is about half of the original monument.
17. Earlier this year suspected Russian hackers attacked the websites of ministries, banks and other bodies in Estonia, the tiny but highly-wired Baltic state that had offended the Kremlin by removing a Soviet war monument from the centre of the capital, Tallinn, to a military cemetery.
18. The China Millennium Monument assimilates the aesthetic character of ancient Chinese architecture. It embodies the feature of nationalism and the modernization, as well as the vanguard of constructions.
19. This monument is part of us. I`m really curious to see it.
20. Beijing ape2man site is a monument of science discovery and exploretion in china and world, and also the holy land of chinese civilization.
A monument is a large structure, usually made of stone, which is built to remind people of an event in history or of a famous person.
A monument is something such as a castle or bridge which was built a very long time ago and is regarded as an important part of a country's history.
e.g. ...the ancient monuments of England, Scotland and Wales.
If you describe something as a monument to someone's qualities, you mean that it is a very good example of the results or effects of those qualities.
e.g. By his international achievements he leaves a fitting monument to his beliefs.
1. Its cathedral - a national monument - is in ruins and it is said that several people died when it collapsed.
2. This renovation is aimed at repairing leaks in the cellar of the monument and remedy the cracks spotted in the base of the monument.
3. The Statue of Liberty is a monument that was presented by the people of France to the United States in 1886 to celebrate its centennial.
4. Some believe the monument holds the key to finding the Holy Grail, the cup Jesus Christ drank from at the Last Supper.
5. The area eventually became the center of Christianity on the island, with a monument to Williams still standing.
6. A netizen called " Mars Clover " even shouted out " the world is crazy that Beijing has a'Super Girl'monument ".
7. The park will include a museum, a monument and replicas of wartime barracks and command post.
8. A monument highlights the Huang family name, which is one of the most common surnames in China.
9. With the addition of the newest monument, the facilities compose the memorial of national military honor.
10. But what many saw was not a flowing cultural monument but a symbol for " reckless waste of nature's produce " a sin condemned by Chinese classics.monument 英英释义
1. a structure erected to commemorate persons or events
2. a burial vault (usually for some famous person)
3. an important site that is marked and preserved as public property