[英 [ˈsʌfə(r)] 美 [ ˈsʌfɚ] ]
过去式：suffered; 过去分词：suffered; 现在分词：suffering;suffer 基本解释
不及物动词受痛苦; 受损害; 变糟; 变差
及物动词遭受; 忍受; 容忍; 容许suffer 相关词组
1. suffer from : 忍受, 遭受；suffer 相关例句
1. She could not suffer criticism.
2. I can not suffer you to be idle.
3. He suffered many humiliations before he became a football star.
1. He suffered from poverty all his life.
2. He suffered for his carelessness.
3. My father suffers from high blood pressure.
A：Oh!!! I have a horrible toothache.
B：You should go to the dentist.
A：I hate dentists.
B：Well, suffer then. If you have a toothache, you have to go to the dentist.
A：It always hurts. I hate going.
B：Stop being such a baby. If it really hurts that much, just let them knock you out.
A：O.K., O.K., I’ll go.
B：Good. You feel better after you do.
1. 受苦：我们要分析问题的根源(Origins),哪些是由自己造成的?哪些是自己不能控制的?切勿将所有 责任归咎於自己身上. 相反,要客观分析自己该负哪些责任(Ownership),哪些责任又不属於自己. 无论如何,不要令自己长时期处於受苦 (Suffer)状态.
2. 苦：记忆:联想记忆:坐木筏(raft)漂流(drift)记忆:联想记忆:吸入了过多的硫磺(sulfur)让人痛苦(suffer)suffer 双语例句
1. It is suitable to use in the fields where suffer great damage from the termites and require environment protection, and installation with pipe.
2. According to Christian tradition the disobeying of God's command by the first man Adam caused all mankind to suffer the consequences of sin entering the world.
3. CLP. A single priority bit in the ATM cell header; when set, it indicates that the cell may be discarded should the network suffer congestion.
4. The artificial imitates the process of the enzyme is to regards certain organism numerator as the live center of its enzyme to imitate to suffer, the modifier produces the live catalyst group regiment with the tiny environment in special space, and we study its host and guest for identifying matching with function, further quested a process for biological phenomenon.
5. Everytime I look deep into your eyes, I suffer a feeling of unspeakable melancholy.
6. It would be wise for you to do as I say if you do not want to suffer any consequences.
7. After that, few years past the earthquake, our state still suffer from the amazingly increasing disaster, whether man-made or naturally happened. Thus, we started to face several problems that hit the point that our salvage system is totally a mess-up.
8. We know what the leitmotiv will be in the return game. We will have to suffer, but if we score, Istanbul will be closer.
9. Most important of all, apart from their hometown and parents, stude nts couldn't catch sight of any familiar face and have to suffer from homel essness, which can cause certain serious mental disease.
10. I didn't suffer any bodily injury. It's just what I saw, what I did.
11. It is also a master of Koppo, the bone breaking technique. The Kappa is also to mend broken bones if it suffer injury.
12. Over 75% of women suffer from yeast infections at so...
13. If you go on smoking, you'll suffer from cancer some day.
14. N An American dentist pointed out that dental disease is so prevalent that in the United States 98 per cent of the population suffer from some form of dental disease.
15. He's not a man to suffer fools, nor strike a bargain with one.
16. Under czarism, this kind of confidence is doomed to suffer universal destruction. When all the people are forced to kneel down, the only one who still stands has become a god.
17. That means investors also could suffer, if crimped margins take the air out of some stock prices.
18. Flower bed in a blossoming chrysanthemums of different sizes to suffer to suffer crowded crowded, like the one by one unity and fraternity brothers and sisters.
19. 3 Of Americans are overweight or suffer from obesity.
20. There are millions of people worldwide who currently suffer with a disorder or disease of the lymphatic system.
If you suffer pain, you feel it in your body or in your mind.
e.g. Within a few days she had become seriously ill, suffering great pain and discomfort...
e.g. Can you assure me that my father is not suffering?
If you suffer from an illness or from some other bad condition, you are badly affected by it.
e.g. He was eventually diagnosed as suffering from terminal cancer...
e.g. I realized he was suffering from shock.
If you suffer something bad, you are in a situation in which something painful, harmful, or very unpleasant happens to you.
e.g. The peace process has suffered a serious blow now...
e.g. Romania suffered another setback in its efforts to obtain financial support for its reforms.
If you suffer, you are badly affected by an event or situation.
e.g. There are few who have not suffered...
e.g. It is obvious that Syria will suffer most from this change of heart.
If something suffers, it does not succeed because it has not been given enough attention or is in a bad situation.
e.g. I'm not surprised that your studies are suffering...
e.g. Without a major boost in tourism, the economy will suffer even further.
6. see also: suffering
If you do not suffer fools gladly, you are not patient with people who you think are stupid.
e.g. She doesn't suffer fools gladly and, in her view, most people are fools.
1. They win markets with scale, but also suffer a reputation of " low price and low quality " as a byproduct.
2. The commission members said eating potato chips and foreign fast foods was causing students to become overweight and suffer from calcium deficiencies.
3. Many US companies have been reluctant to publicly call for WTO cases against China out of fear that could suffer retaliation from Beijing.
4. Some get carpal tunnel syndrome and thumb disorders from pushing the buttons, while others suffer eyestrain.
5. Some developers may suffer from cash flow problems and home prices will drop together with transaction volume.
6. Pregnant women are more likely to suffer pneumonia when they catch flu, and flu infections have raised the risk of premature birth in past flu epidemics.
7. People with the disease suffer from acute pains in the chest, a bad cough and often come down with colds.
8. Since the poor and migrants suffer many of the negative effects more acutely, it is important to assess their needs properly.
9. The departure of the tropical storm also means the province has started to suffer with high temperatures up to 37 degrees centigrade.
10. She was certified to suffer first degree handicap in Feburary 2003 and would have to spend the rest of her life with wheelchairs and diapers.suffersuffer 英英释义
1. feel pain or be in pain
2. undergo (as of injuries and illnesses)
e.g. She suffered a fracture in the accident
He had an insulin shock after eating three candy bars
She got a bruise on her leg
He got his arm broken in the scuffle
3. feel unwell or uncomfortable
e.g. She is suffering from the hot weather
4. get worse
e.g. His grades suffered
5. be set at a disadvantage
e.g. This author really suffers in translation
6. put up with something or somebody unpleasant
e.g. I cannot bear his constant criticism
The new secretary had to endure a lot of unprofessional remarks
he learned to tolerate the heat
She stuck out two years in a miserable marriage
Synonym: digestendurestick outstomachbearstandtoleratesupportbrookabideput up
7. experience (emotional) pain
e.g. Every time her husband gets drunk, she suffers
8. undergo or be subjected to
e.g. He suffered the penalty
Many saints suffered martyrdom
9. undergo or suffer
e.g. meet a violent death
suffer a terrible fate
10. feel physical pain
e.g. Were you hurting after the accident?
11. be given to
e.g. She suffers from a tendency to talk too much