中国人最易误解的表达第28期:大一倍等于是两倍

恒星英语学习网 2012年07月13日

      我要投稿   论坛   Favorite  

      I am as old again as you.

      (误译)我又像你那样老了。
      (正译)我的年纪比你大一倍。

      as old again as 年纪比……大一倍

      My aunt is as old again as I am.
      我姑姑的年龄是我的二倍。

      My uncle is as old again as I am.
      我叔叔的年龄比我大一倍。

      大一倍:

      需要一个比这里大一倍的地方。
      We need a place twice larger than this one.

      它们好像比通常的(花朵)大一倍。
      They're almost twice as large as usual.

      我们需要一个比这里更大一倍的地方。
      We need a place(which is) twice larger than this one.

      ……是……两倍:

      In the year to July the price of oil almost doubled.
      到今年七月底石油价格几乎增至两倍。

      My husband has an office that doubles as a spare bedroom.
      我丈夫有一间比单人卧房大两倍的办公室。

      as...as 像……一样,同……一样

      As young as your hope. as old as your despair.
      如你的希望般年轻,如你的绝望般苍老。

      Wet as the spring. Hot as the summer. Gale as the autumn.
      潮湿得像春天。热得像夏天。大风得像秋天。

      I would imagine you are a man of honor, as well. As am I.
      我也想象得出,你跟我一样,是一位很讲信义的正派人。

      本栏目更多同类内容